Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Images from Cahours in the Lot Valley








In the course of six intensive days, a group of 12 American travel agents, as guests of Maison de la France, visited a number of France's designated "beautiful villages" in the Midi-Pyrenees area north of Toulouse. These few photos of our first stop in Cahours (pronounced, roughly, as "cow-oos") do not do justice to the stunning beauty of this 10th century Medieval city built on the banks of the Lot River.

As I sent home (via a kind colleague) all the brochures I collected from this trip, I will not attempt to provide details beyond what my overloaded brain can recall, but I will post more photos (each blog allows only 5 photos) and, hopefully, fill in the details in the future. Needless to say, this is an area of France mostly unknown to U.S. travelers and definitely worth exploring for both its natural beauty and historic value.

No comments: